|Location||Lehigh Valley, PA|
|Date Posted||May 2, 2017|
ASPHALT PAVING MACHINE OPERATOR
For 25 years, the company has literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects. They approach every project with a dedication to efficiency, technology and, most of all, safety. This asphalt paving company is proud to be a part of this area's history and development, and a partner in the Lehigh Valley’s future.
An Asphalt Paving Machine Operator performs a wide variety of tasks including the following:
• Understand and execute paving procedures while following instructions to meet the standards of the project
• Must follow safe operation of paver
• Must be able to set feed sensors
• Must be able to determine the placement of materials correctly
• Daily maintenance (lubrication), keeping equipment clean, safe pre-start including daily fluid level checks on oil, water and fuel
• Responsible for daily maintenance of equipment to remain in proper and safe working order
• Responsible for notifying supervisor if equipment needs to be repaired
• Visual safety inspection for leaks and damage to machine before operation
• Understand, meet and plan grade cross slope requirements
• Placement of material in front of screed
• Setting of flow
• Ability to operate equipment holding a straight line
• Keep equipment clean
• Proper paving speed to match truck delivery
• Adjust screed crown and strike off
• Set up and use automatic grade and slope control
• Understand segregation and how to prevent it due to operation of the paving machine
• General knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems of the paver
• Must be able to work in a team environment safely and successfully
• Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
This position requires previous experience as an Asphalt Paving Machine Operator.
• A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
• Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
• Three to Five (3-5) years or more of industry related experience is preferred.
• Must be able to understand paving procedures.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply
Competitive Salary and Benefits