|Location||St Louis Area, MO|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2018|
Research & Development
SWEET GOODS – Senior R&D & Business Manager
CLIENT: Global Bakery Products company which has grown successfully for the past several years and continues to stay on a strong strategic plan!
Apply advances in sweet goods product development technologies to the Company’s sweet goods formulations.
The outcome should be geared to market superior products that deliver in line with consumer driven trends such as: lower fat, better taste/texture, improved fresh keeping and where possible, better for you. Success will be measured by improved sales and profit performance in the category.
KEY RESULT AREAS: PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
- Contribute to business objectives and strategic product development by assisting with the evaluation and improvement of existing product lines to improve quality and maximize profit performance.
- Report results/findings/conclusions and recommendations on all new ingredients, products, and suppliers to ensure a competitive advantage.
- Develop partnerships with identified key raw material suppliers
- Assist with technology innovation; using publication and patent information to identify and understand new opportunities for business
- Adhere to the New Product Development Process including all
- Responsible for assisting with and/or evaluating and reporting on potential new Company products from a sister company’s as required.
- Accompany commercial team on visits to or from, strategically important customers in the sweet goods area with the objective of developing new business in this
- Contribute to technical training seminars and/or information as
- Provide manufacturing, sales and marketing
- Support procurement by evaluating and testing new and alternative raw materials
- Assist with providing technical information and technical applications support with implementation of products, especially customized as needed, thus building a collaborative relationship with vendors and
- Comply with the Corporate Travel policy and control
- Contribute to department and capital budget preparations to ensure budget meets laboratory needs as
- Actively update line management on progression of
- Communicate results/conclusions and recommendations of new product testing in accurate and timely manner to all appropriate
- Professionally interact and communicate with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Marketing, Quality, Sales, and other departments.
- Keep abreast of Bakery and Baking Ingredient Technology and enhance technical skills by attending appropriate seminars, professional meetings, training, and additional course
- Other duties as assigned.
A COMBINATION OF THE LISTED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Bakery Science, Food Science or related
- Up to 8 years of ingredient NPD ideally working with applications in the sweet bakery goods area e.g. pastries,
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong analytical, organizational and prioritizing
- PC, word processing and spreadsheet
- Excellent planning, organization and problem solving skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a customer focused
- Experience of working with customers / in a customer facing environment
- Experience working for a manufacturer of bakery products or bakery ingredients in a NPD role.
- Previous knowledge and experience of product development.
- Project Management experience
Travel would be in the 25% range