|Location||Greater Seattle area, WA|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2018|
QA Manager – Position is with a very “health” oriented company committed to helping consumers eat products that are nutritionally balanced and produced with high quality standards.
Lead and manage the entire range of Quality programs, as defined by the Divisions and the Corporate Headquarter Quality Policies. Position has specific compliance, process, and consumer quality responsibilities. Position will manage a set of matrix relationships within Quality, and R&D, to influence senior management on alignment of Quality strategies, Quality annual objectives, and plant project plans. Individual will coordinate and deploy Quality Assurance programs across the plant, and functional areas, and influence plant leadership with quality best practices. The products manufactured are refrigerated or frozen in a variety of plastic cups for the retail market. Bags for the Food Service industry.
- Develop, drive, and continually improve a comprehensive quality program as defined by the Division and Corporate Headquarter QA Policies.
- Develop, drive, and continually improve a comprehensive food safety program meeting the requirements of the FSMA law with effective and validated preventative controls.
- Drive process improvement initiatives through coordination with departments (Supply Chain, Maintenance, R&D, Engineering)
- Manage & drive consumer complaint improvement programs and initiatives
- Trouble shooting quality issues across the supply chains for ingredients, packaging, materials, and finished products supplied (ex. allergen risk management, equipment risk management, container nonconformance).
- Facilitate and/or direct resolution to issues as it relates to food safety and quality (ex. Audit findings)
- Engage other business unit quality in development and standardization of Quality policies, procedures, data templates, audit standards, and Quality Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensures plant personnel are technically capable of handling non-routine quality system issues and that issues are investigated, documented, and resolved.
- Verify quality records are completed, accurate, and serve quality and regulatory needs
- Prepare quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Develop, plan, document, and implement continuous improvement of quality systems.
- Drive organizational alignment on Quality objectives with an enterprise-wide mindset, and adapt structures, processes, and systems to achieve objectives.
- Influence development steps used in the Innovation and Commercialization process to leverage design in achieving consumer safety and quality objectives (ex Food safety risk assessments)
- Oversee operation, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment routinely
- Manage lab staff to ensure consistent and reliable quality analysis
- A Bachelor of Science degree is required (Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or similar) with a minimum 7 years of food industry experience
- Familiarity with Food Safety, Regulatory, Quality Systems, HACCP, FSMA, Sanitation, GMP and Pest Control programs and their application within food processing
- FDA and USDA regulated manufacturing
- Knowledge of Quality Standards, and Quality Policies, with skills and ability to execute against requirements.